Career at EarthLink
We are approaching our vision to be pioneers and innovators of Internet services and technology solutions for the future. Moreover, about to achieve our mission by providing fast, flexible and accurate services to businesses, and leading our customers through changing technology world
We are looking for talented people to be part of our team and go along with our challenging journey.
Want to know more about EarthLink? See how we roll Life Inside Earthlink
Network Optimization & Monitoring
This position is responsible for monitoring network performance continuously based on 24 hours shifts to ensure any delays, stoppage, outages are reported to Network Operation Center and resolved immediately.
- Responsible for reporting results of monitoring network health and security.
- Monitor all core enterprise services and customer connections for any potential performance problems (utilization, intrusion, etc.) and respond in a timely manner to any anomalies to ensure network availability.
- Document bugs and issues related to network performance and liaise with NOC to resolve outstanding issues, and Incidents.
- Report the problems to Network Monitoring Manager and ensure continuous monitoring of any indicators of Network Slowness or outages.
- Send a ticket to the concerned department for any indicators of Network Slowness, outages, issues and follow the problem solving progress
- Handle network performance monitoring on continuous basis to ensure 100% Network uptime.
- Monitor indicators of metrics and escalate any anticipated outages.
- Monitoring specific PRTG (fiber, bridge, wireless … etc.)
- Escalate the high impact tickets if the problem was service effecting and take too long time to resolve.
- Reporting high Impact Problems.
- Reporting Late Problems with no solutions.
- Reporting Repeated Problems.
- Monitoring International traffic.
- Load Balance Traffic.
- Checking Queues and editing when the traffic it’s loaded.
- Following department problems with Super visor and Manger.
- Report all problems Baghdad and State to NOC Department.
- Report High Impact Problems.
- Report Late Problems with no solutions.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer/Telecommunication/Electrical Engineering or related.
- 0-1 Years in Networking related position.
- Good Command of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, Email).
- Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.