Career at EarthLink
We are approaching our vision to be pioneers and innovators of Internet services and technology solutions for the future. Moreover, about to achieve our mission by providing fast, flexible and accurate services to businesses, and leading our customers through changing technology world
We are looking for talented people to be part of our team and go along with our challenging journey.
Want to know more about EarthLink? See how we roll Life Inside Earthlink
Senior Software Developer
Software Design & Implementation
- Assist in the selection of appropriate processes and models for software construction.
- Participate in determining the impacts of software changes on the operational environment.
- Assist in the selection of appropriate languages and tools for software construction.
- Assist in the selection of appropriate frameworks, platforms, and environments for software construction.
- Create and reviews detailed designs and code that meet quality requirements.
- Suggest and performs appropriate code refactoring when need.
- Suggest and uses appropriate design patterns.
- Suggest and uses defensive coding techniques to minimize propagation of errors and threats.
- Write executable models suitable for code generation as appropriate.
- Lead code reviews and inspections.
- Apply enabling techniques (such as abstraction, coupling/cohesion, information hiding, and so forth) to the design of software components and modules.
- Apply appropriate design techniques in the areas of concurrency, event handling, data persistence, or distributed software.
- Apply exception handling and fault tolerance in design of software components.
- Use restructuring and refactoring methods in the design of software components.
- Apply the designated software design strategy and methodology to create a software design (such as an incremental object-oriented approach).
- Use design patterns and frameworks to design mid-level software components.
- Keep up to date with technological advances in the field.
- Create prototypes of different types as needed
- Bachelor degree in technology related field or equivalent
- 5+ Years’ experience is software development.
- Solid software development background and implementation of coding best practices
- Strong, object-oriented and coding skills
- Must have led the design and execution of complex applications to solve ambiguous problems impacting business
- Strong analytical skills and background with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and databases
- Proven understanding of scalable computing systems and software architecture
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- Good understanding of design patterns.
- Pass level III exam (Codility or similar)