Career at EarthLink
We are approaching our vision to be pioneers and innovators of Internet services and technology solutions for the future. Moreover, about to achieve our mission by providing fast, flexible and accurate services to businesses, and leading our customers through changing technology world
We are looking for talented people to be part of our team and go along with our challenging journey.
Want to know more about EarthLink? See how we roll Life Inside Earthlink
IRQNBB IP Specialist
Operations - IRQNBB
The IP Specialist is responsible for ensuring the maximum possible service availability and performance for company’s customer facing ISP services and network by handling maintenance requests resolution within approved objectives and metrics set by the company position handle level 3 tickets with more complex networking requests than tasks handled by the senior Network operations Engineer.
- Analyze core network/service equipment for outages and performance.
- Performs equipment checks in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Isolates and identifies root cause of faults for network, servers, and applications in conjunction with the infrastructure, applications and security teams
- Supervise all mission-critical core network.
- Properly assesses impact to core network/service and resulting impact to customers
- Proactively reviews operating conditions to seek out potential customer impacting issues before occurring
- Reports issues which impact the environment to expedite restoration effort
- Notifies management, as required, for escalation and notification support
- Notifies identified business owners and support personnel during mission critical issues as outlined by incident management procedures
- Establishes operations bridge and communication to required parties for restoration efforts
- Maintains situational awareness of current events and maintenance affecting service delivery
- Validates change management of pre and post maintenance activity
- Performs alarm verifications on all core network/service elements
- Provides feedback to team and Management to improve best practices and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the continued success of self, team, department, and Company.
- Preparing and maintaining documentation as required
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Follow up the process and procedure and suggest new idea to challenge the process.
- Troubleshooting issues related to the network infrastructure, hardware and applications
- Liaising with network service providers, circuit and equipment providers regarding maintenance and fault issues
- Planning and designing – preparing requirement design document that clearly specifies requirements to suppliers
- Acceptance IP infrastructure for new projects and documentation handed over by suppliers.
- Planning and liaising regarding network upgrades, with respect to network management platform and elements.
- Supporting the development, management and configuration of network operational monitoring tools
- Setting-up, implementing and reviewing operational procedures to be used by the NOC Engineers and related departments
- Assisting with escalations as requested by other departments, NOC staff or management.
- Providing technical support and guidance to network engineers and field operations staff
- Providing internal training for the network engineers and other staff as required
- Undertaking the expert technical support role on procurement panels as required.
- Participating in the development and introduction of advanced services for the network, which involves research and conducting tests to determine what will add value to the company.
- Contributing to capacity planning and the development of processes to streamline this function
- Performing on-going analysis of network and service resilience
- Collaborating with other groups most notably the network planning and project group and the Technology division.
- Work trouble and change tickets effectively and efficiently; Interact with different departments,
- Vendors and Customers, staff to facilitate quick resolution of issues in accordance with established processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- One of the following certificates: CCNP, CCNP Data Center, CCNP Security, CCNP SP.
- must have CCIE
Years of Experience
- 4 Years in Advanced Network Operations Engineering Type of role as Senior network operations engineer.