Career at EarthLink
We are approaching our vision to be pioneers and innovators of Internet services and technology solutions for the future. Moreover, about to achieve our mission by providing fast, flexible and accurate services to businesses, and leading our customers through changing technology world
We are looking for talented people to be part of our team and go along with our challenging journey.
Want to know more about EarthLink? See how we roll Life Inside Earthlink
IRQNBB Sr. Network Monitoring Engineer
Operations - IRQNBB
This position is responsible for monitoring network performance continuously based on 24 hours shifts to ensure any delays, stoppage, outages are reported to Network Operation Center and resolved immediately.
- Responsible for reporting results of monitoring network health and security.
- Monitor all core enterprise services and customer connections for any potential performance problems (utilization, intrusion, etc.) and respond in a timely manner to any anomalies to ensure network availability.
- Document bugs and issues related to network performance and liaise with NOC to resolve outstanding issues, and Incidents.
- Handle network performance monitoring on continuous basis to ensure 100% Network uptime.
- Monitor indicators of metrics and escalate any anticipated outages.
- Monitoring specific PRTG (fiber, bridge, wireless … etc.)
- Report the problems to Network Monitoring Manager and ensure continuous monitoring of any indicators of Network Slowness or outages.
- Send a ticket to the concerned department for any indicators of Network Slowness, outages, issues and follow the problem solving progress
- Escalate the high impact tickets if the problem was service effecting and take too long time to resolve.
- Reporting high Impact Problems.
- Reporting Late Problems with no solutions.
- Reporting Repeated Problems.
- Monitoring International traffic.
- Load Balance Traffic.
- Checking Queues and editing when the traffic it’s loaded.
- Following department problems with Super visor and Manger.
- Report all problems Baghdad and State to NOC Department.
- Report High Impact Problems.
- Report Late Problems with no solutions.
- responsible of coordinating the operations and information between subcontractor teams and IRQNBB NOC team
- responsible of providing the support of SCIS Team by providing the necessary information needed
- responsible and consulted of monitoring CTC platform for any expected or unexpected alarms or the integrity of the link and this will be done 24/7
- responsible and consulted of monitoring the PRTG sites and check sites or connection availably and this will be done 24/7
- responsible and consulted of providing full monthly reports for the status and the availability of service VLANs delivered to the customers whether there is an interruption in the service or service unavailability
- responsible and consulted of providing detailed monthly reports for FOC span cuts and availability statistics
- responsible and consulted responsible of handling the follow up of FOC operations initiated by the FOC team, checked by NOC team and done by the contractor(s)
- responsible and consulted of providing monitoring Tickets and outages Summary monthly reports
- responsible and consulted of providing Contractors Outage monthly reports
- responsible and consulted of providing Repeated issues monthly reports
- responsible and consulted of Monitoring the site’s management links and power status of these sites including the follow up with the concerned parties
- responsible and consulted of Requisites and Tickets Follow up and providing daily reports related to this task
- responsible and consulted of providing 24/7 Monitoring regarding All the current detailed information of the environmental systems for the IRQNBB sites status
- responsible and consulted of providing access to the site location by contacting the site's owners
- responsible of checking the PRTG status and the related reports with the current and historical information regarding the IRQNBB sites
- responsible of checking the FOC Status Check and the related reports with the current and historical information regarding the IRQNBB FOC
- responsible of handling FOC cut procedures by initiating tickets, informing NOC department and follow up with the related contractors
- Bachelor of Science in Computer/Telecommunication/Electrical Engineering or related.
- 3 Years in ISP Networking related position.
- Networks and IP Protocols
- Networks, Wireless and mobility
- Data Centre