Career at EarthLink
We are approaching our vision to be pioneers and innovators of Internet services and technology solutions for the future. Moreover, about to achieve our mission by providing fast, flexible and accurate services to businesses, and leading our customers through changing technology world
We are looking for talented people to be part of our team and go along with our challenging journey.
Want to know more about EarthLink? See how we roll Life Inside Earthlink
Preventive Maintenance Engineer
Key Duties :
- Assist in choosing materials, equipment and properties to perform mechanical analyses and repair.
- Understanding of applied mechanics, mechanical & Construction testing, and optical transmission to provide technical teams with diagnosis and assistance handling complex technical problems.
- Ensure that network operations deployed are safe and efficient by reviewing site acceptance documents and advising field maintenance director of any points related to site acceptance before finalization.
- Provide advice regarding planned maintenance schedules, adjusting hardware components.
- Provide support to field maintenance supervisors regarding infrastructure maintenance industry standards.
- Use experience and Technical studies in optical transport, cable infrastructure, wireless mechanical power constructions structure to affect positive outcomes and facilitate faster, better, and more efficient outcomes.
- Insert the information of the forms of the Operations Dept. (OP/RQ)
- Serve as primary on-site technical adviser during maintenance assignment as needed.
- Coordinate across teams and third parties to ensure we maintain the quality standards.
- Ensure vendor delivery occurs where, what, when, and how assets are delivered.
- Interpret and fully understand detailed engineering drawings modification and removal of equipment, switching equipment, power systems, cable racks, supporting AC power, and wireless system cell site components and new emerging technologies such as broadband and customer-premises wireless solutions.
- Create mathematical models for RF Communications distribution systems.
- Manage commercial wired and wireless communication projects using software planning tools.
- Providing technical support for Cable Placement -Terminations and Splicing - Optical fiber and copper.
- Provide input and Intermediate to expert experience in the following areas: physical, data-link and network protocols and architectures; routers, switches; system load balancing and redundant system architecture.
- Knowledge of types of status monitoring systems and the ability to implement them.
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose and solve problems.
- Develop preventive maintenance schedules based on instruction of the preventive maintenance supervisor.
- Perform preventive maintenance work to keep equipment in peak operating condition.
- Use precision testing equipment to perform preventive maintenance activities.
- Perform servicing, testing, inspections and repairs on a variety of equipment including, electrical equipment, air compressors, towers….etc.
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance activities.
- Re arranging operational sites to meet the standard set by technical department.
- Assist the Manager in selecting site for re-arranging taking in considerations its importance.
- Take the necessary action when any bad installation is previously done on site.
- Site acceptance for all new deployed locations as per specs implemented by technical department.
- Fill up the acceptance form.
- Inform the deployment department about the wrong things to fix.
- Inform deployment department that site has been accepted.
- Follow up material requests & return form governorates to main WH.
- Prepare all work sheet related to technician work.
- Coordinate with the monitoring sections to achieve better team performance & time solving.
- Troubleshooting of Network Failure and Outage.
- Available in 24x7 on-call in any urgent case.
- Read, interpret and analyze system/network design maps and recommend network changes as necessary; verify built documentation; compare field findings with existing documentation and report results following local processes.
- Perform mechanical and/or fusion splicing of fiber optic cable as required
- Maintain accurate records including time worked, daily logs, gas sheets, as required; properly record all required information on data devices and/or work orders…etc.
- Support continuity including natural disaster readiness and disaster recovery efforts.
- Make recommendations to engineering for improving network coverage and implement.
- Maintain inventories of test equipment and transmitters.
- Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
- Good Command of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint).
- Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who generates enthusiasm and builds effective working relationships.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Self-motivated, hands-on critical thinker and problem solver.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn complex concepts.
- Knowledge working on network equipment in an ISP environment.
- Basic knowledge in Quality Standards & ITIL.
- Basic Knowledge in Fixed and wireless telecommunications industry.
- Basic knowledge or experience with telecom/network equipment, routers, IP switches, data center, cabling, fiber and copper distribution, AC/DC power systems, environmental controls, and relay rack/cabinet/cage construction.
- Understanding and basic command of CAD tools, reading work prints, network designs, fault diagnosis tools, communication systems and tools, catalogues, training material.