Career at EarthLink
We are approaching our vision to be pioneers and innovators of Internet services and technology solutions for the future. Moreover, about to achieve our mission by providing fast, flexible and accurate services to businesses, and leading our customers through changing technology world
We are looking for talented people to be part of our team and go along with our challenging journey.
Want to know more about EarthLink? See how we roll Life Inside Earthlink
Network Planning and Design Expert
Network Planning and Optimization
Job Summary :
This job is responsible for planning and developing core and data center networks and ensure that all network services are stable, secure, scalable and responsive. ensuring the maximum possible service availability and performance for company’s customer facing ISP services and network by handling maintenance requests resolution within approved objectives and metrics set by the company. This will combine Business-as-Usual and Project activities. Design network solutions for new services, data centers and new technologies. Take a high-level view of network service design and lifecycle planning, across all elements of network infrastructure from fiber cabling to the routers and switches. Capacity planning, forecasting and producing KPI reports on a weekly basis.
• Provide overall network infrastructure support to routing and switching equipment, firewalls and IDS/IPS, and associated cabling.
• Plan and support hardware and software upgrades and resolve associated technical issues.
• Assists in or conducts product evaluations of upgraded or new hardware and software, identifying strengths, weaknesses, and potential benefits to the agency.
• Assists in preparing and analyzing statistics on network utilization and availability.
• Assists in performance tuning and capacity planning activities to enhance the performance of the network resources.
• Identify any faults in the networks.
• Evaluate network changes to support the growth and stability of the core network.
• Responsible for aligning the Facilities and Engineering group with the company objectives and initiatives.
• Responsible supervising planning network and optimization team to improve the cost saving with service providers and ensure service quality (local and international).
• Responsible to manage communication with CDN providers (local/international) in terms of expansion and distribution
• Design, build, and maintain data products that support forecasting, reporting, and scenario modeling of data.
- Education : Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Certificate : One of the following certificates: CCNP Cloud, CCNP Data Center, CCNP Security, CCNP SP, CCDP. Must have CCIE certificate.
- Years of Experience: 5 Years in Advanced Network Operations Engineering Type of role as network.
Language Level :
- Very Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
- Advanced experience with standard IT software such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint etc.