Career at EarthLink
We are approaching our vision to be pioneers and innovators of Internet services and technology solutions for the future. Moreover, about to achieve our mission by providing fast, flexible and accurate services to businesses, and leading our customers through changing technology world
We are looking for talented people to be part of our team and go along with our challenging journey.
Want to know more about EarthLink? See how we roll Life Inside Earthlink
Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support & Customer Services
- Provide rapid response to queries from customers pertaining to technical/ configuration questions.
- Attend to calls routed from call center while ensuring achievement of customer service targets in terms of response time and resolution.
- Ensure that all customer transactions are completed to the satisfaction of the customers in accordance with service level agreements and ensuring that the customers are informed on resolution.
- Assisting our customers with various technical issues that range in complexity.
- Learn thoroughly the specs of the company network, equipment, services and troubleshoot system related issues.
- Use efficient analytical skills, access our internal database and teamwork to develop technical solutions related to technical issues.
- Ability to provide appropriate level of instructions to clients with limited technical knowledge.
- Handle Network troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution.
- Follow standard procedures for proper documentation, reporting and escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers providing updates on the progress of the case.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all tickets.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
- Liaise with NOC teams to resolve customer issues.
- Ensure that each support case owned is handled as per our Service Level Agreement (SLA) with the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling SLAs.
- Contribute findings to a common knowledge base and keep it up to date.
- Gain subject matter expertise in company products and services.
- On a rotation basis, handle on-call support out of office hours.
- Ensure that the percentage of customer complaints resolved is maximized in minimum iterations to
- Consistently strive to increase customer satisfaction score through timely resolution of complaints.
- Ensure reduction in the number of repeat calls by customers.
- Identify inefficiencies in the current processes and make recommendations to improve the same.
- Solve any incident in devices (hang-up, high CPU/memory, misconfiguration), services or connectivity (loss in fiber, loss in wireless link) this includes permanent solutions or workaround solutions.
- Utilize knowledge of networking, hardware, and software to diagnose, qualify, and resolve tickets.
reduce operational costs.Act with confidence by answering or finding the answers to customer questions and finding solutions to customer issues.
- Bachelor Degree in Telecommunications engineering or related.
- Good command in English.
- Good command in MS office.
- Certifications: Mikrotik certified, CCNA certified.
- Ability to configure & troubleshoot the following devices: Ubnt, Mikrotik & Cisco.