Career at EarthLink
We are approaching our vision to be pioneers and innovators of Internet services and technology solutions for the future. Moreover, about to achieve our mission by providing fast, flexible and accurate services to businesses, and leading our customers through changing technology world
We are looking for talented people to be part of our team and go along with our challenging journey.
Want to know more about EarthLink? See how we roll Life Inside Earthlink
IRQNBB Sr. Field Maintenance Engineer
Operations - IRQNBB
This position is responsible for offering technical guidance and support to field technical teams and sub-contractors, ensuring all specifications of technologies, maintenance details are communicated and understood fully by the field maintenance teams.
This position is also a field position handling resolution of complex technical problems assisting the Expert technician in finalizing solutions to the issues in the field.
- Advice in choosing materials, equipment and properties to perform mechanical analyses and repair if needed
- Having good knowledge of applied mechanics, mechanical & Construction testing, and optical transmission to provide technical teams with diagnosis and assistance handling complex technical problems.
- Ensure that network operations deployed are safe and efficient by reviewing site acceptance documents and advising the management of any points related to site acceptance before finalization.
- Provide advice regarding planned maintenance schedules.
- Provide advice by adjusting hardware components.
- Provide support to field maintenance team leader regarding infrastructure maintenance industry standards.
- Use experience and Technical studies in optical transport, cable infrastructure, mechanical power constructions structure to affect positive outcomes and facilitate faster, better, and more efficient.
- Serve as secondary on-site technical adviser during maintenance assignment as needed.
- Supervise the Coordination across teams and third parties to ensure we maintain the quality standards.
- Ensure vendor -sub contractor delivery occurs where, what, when, and how assets are delivered.
- Interpret and fully understand detailed engineering drawings modification and removal of equipment, switching equipment, power systems, cable racks, supporting AC power, and wireless system cell site components and new emerging technologies.
- Providing technical support for Cable Placement -Terminations and Splicing - Optical fiber and copper.
- Skilled of types of monitoring systems and the ability to implement them.
- Experience to diagnose and solve problems.
- Develop preventive maintenance schedules based on instruction of Sr. Power engineer.
- Accountable to perform preventive maintenance work to keep equipment in peak operating condition.
- Responsible and accountable to use precision testing equipment to perform preventive maintenance activities.
- Responsible to perform servicing, testing, inspections and repairs on a variety of equipment including, electrical equipment, blower, Etc.
- Responsible on maintains accurate records of maintenance activities.
- Take the necessary action when any bad installation is previously done on site.
- Participate re-arranging operational sites to meet the standard set by technical department.
- Assist the management in selecting site for re-arranging taking in considerations its importance.
- Site acceptance for all new deployed locations as per specs implemented by technical department.
- Follow up material requests & return form governorates to main WH.
- Prepare all work sheet related to technician work.
- Coordinate with the monitoring sections to achieve better team performance & time solving.
- Responsible and accountable on troubleshooting of Network Failure and Outage.
- Available in 24x7 on-call in any urgent case.
- Read, interpret and analyze system/network design maps and recommend network changes as necessary; verify built documentation; compare field findings with existing documentation and report results.
- Responsible and accountable on performing mechanical and/or fusion splicing of fiber optic cable as required
- Supervision on maintain accurate records including time worked, daily logs, gasoil sheets, as required; properly record all required information on data devices and/or work orders…etc.
- High level support continuity including natural disaster readiness and disaster recovery efforts.
- Make recommendations to engineering for improving network coverage and implement.
- Maintain inventories of test equipment and transmitters.
- Responsible to apply the maintenance contract clauses on the contractor and raise a problem report if there is any infraction.
- Manage and supervision on QC team and collect their daily report to take the required action
Fiber Maintenance Engineer
- Make sure that all FOC cut repaired properly regarding to power loss and civil work.
- Follow up with contractor patrolling teams and take the required action if there is any risk on the cable.
- Executing inspections to make sure that the fiber optic systems do not have faults that could destabilize performance.
- Supervision on contractor work regarding FOC repair and send report about the splicing quality and civil work.
- Handle all FOC periodical testing to ensure adequate performance
Power Maintenance Engineer:
- Install any up graded power equipment at Sites & data centres.
- Site survey for any governmental cores.
- Supervision on installing equipment & solving problems at governmental cores where company equipment is situated.
- Recording and monitoring the consumption of electricity, fuel and consumable materials and making recommendations for improvements
- Ensuring the power systems have the required industry standards.
- BSc. in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Telecom Engineering, or related.
- 4 years’ experience in Engineering, ISP or Telecom Maintenance Role.
- Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
- Good Command of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Email).