Career at EarthLink
We are approaching our vision to be pioneers and innovators of Internet services and technology solutions for the future. Moreover, about to achieve our mission by providing fast, flexible and accurate services to businesses, and leading our customers through changing technology world
We are looking for talented people to be part of our team and go along with our challenging journey.
Want to know more about EarthLink? See how we roll Life Inside Earthlink
Jr. Information Security Engineer
This position is in charge of security monitoring, threat watch and vulnerability management. It’s an operational role, focusing on real-time security event monitoring, security incident investigation, vulnerability assessment, and penetration testing. The candidate must be a positive, flexible, self-starter requiring minimal supervision, and able to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Conduct real time security event monitoring and security incident investigation
- Collect data and context when needed to initiate escalation
- Analyse network traffic, intrusion attempts, activity logs, and system alerts for trends, anomalies, and potential security breaches
- Develop scripts, tools, and procedures to automate scans, assessments, and other monitoring and discovery activities.
- Keep up to date knowledge of current vulnerabilities and security threats.
- Evaluate vulnerabilities in systems, review threat information and identify information security risks
- Deliver scheduled and ad-hoc reports
- Work closely with the security team towards continuous improvement of security services
Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related fields. A professional certificate like RHCSA, MCSA, or CCNA is a plus.